Monday, May 18, 2009

Bold Statements in Small Packages





I love the look of Spring/Summer. The flared skirts, the crisp shirt dress, the Tory Burch flats, all very sleek and very Jackie O. One thing that does not seem to fit this look is the over sized handbag! La Guru has found some amazing pieces from our favorite fabulous store, COACH. Yes, I am an addict and yes, La Guru rocks everything from an umbrella to the gym shoes.

Starting with the amazing "Amanda" mini python bag. It is not just another animal print, this one is very iridescent. Within the same Amanda collection, we have the "Amanda" Satin Clutch. I for one prefer a bold color but this soft blue has just enough for La Guru to stand out. Speaking of bold, the "Parker" clutch in pink has a gold chain link strap that seems to have a bit of a 'eau de Chanel' influence. Of course, finally La Guru's favorite and yes, latest addition to her own collection, The Leather Olive. A bigger version of the classic coin purse in a fun and very bold two toned color. This one comes in a few other colors but the blue and greens just pulled at my heart strings. I wish I could just have them all but those are my additions for spring.

With the suggestions I have made there is no excuse for wearing an over sized bag on a night out or even a stroll around town. Don't get me wrong, I love the big bags but in this case, size does matter! So unless you are on your way to the office, leave the big bags at home and note that you can make just a big of a statement with these little treasures!

No comments:

Post a Comment